View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 05:46 AM
Sink r8
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2009

Originally Posted by Purple Drank View Post
SinkL8 might just as well be describing a school board meeting or Congressional session. Show me a tidy democracy...and I'll show you North Korea.
You're absolutely right. I was using China as an image, but North Korea is more fitting.

As far as the rest of your post, I've been an observer an a critic for over fifteen years. When the issue of the day was Moak overstaying his welcome, I wrote about that. When the issue of the day was poor communications by the pre-merger DAL side, I wrote about that. When the biggest threat to the Delta pilots became an MEC that under-delivers because it's mired in political struggles, I focused on that. When the issue of the day becomes shoddy executions, I write about that. Whatever is the biggest impedence to our success, I'll focus on it.

As far as the TA, it was the first time I took a position on an issue as a volunteer, and I disclosed both the start, and end of my volunteering. I disclosed how I voted, and why. I couldn't pay one mortgage payment with my lifetime FPL earnings. I have more friends among Moakies than non-Moakies, and while they will remain friends, I have no interest in them costing my family money, so the best governance, and best outcomes, are what I care about. I have no position riding on the outcome of votes, no favors begging for reimbursement. I'm just a guy who watches, votes, and writes. So I sleep with a clear conscience, and I write with a clear conscience, about the issues I see.

When you start discussing issues, let me know, and I'll stop ignoring you.

Last edited by Sink r8; 09-17-2015 at 06:04 AM.