View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 06:27 AM
CloudSailor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006

Originally Posted by md11freightdog View Post
...I am a yes vote...I personally would much rather have a frozen A plan and a 18-20% B plan...

Well, you are then actually settling for WAY less than what you would rather have.

Why don't you stand up for what you would rather have, NOW?

Do you think the company will concede to your desires in 10 years? If we concede defeat on our openers in this tremendous negotiating environment, openers as stated by our MEC, after polling our ENTIRE crew force, what makes you think we will not concede defeat in the future?

If we concede defeat now, in this environment, be ready for the company to come after the ENTIRE A-plan, while throwing in just another 2% bump to your B-plan. You'll be in your mid-50's by then, with a B-plan well below what you would rather have today.

This is the time you need to make a stand. This will be your and my CBA for the next 10 years, many will retire under it. Don't settle for a 9% B-plan for the next 10 years, if you yourself know that an 18-20% B-plan is what is acceptable to you.

IMO, you're selling yourself short TODAY, on both the A and B plans, by thinking we have more value than the American and Delta contracts. Remember, they are going to the table now, and their pay rates will surpass ours. American still has an A-plan, reduced and frozen during bankruptcy, but can be negotiated back to where it was. Remember, we have no "me too" clause like the legacies. That clause would allow us to catch up to their rates during the decade long CBA we would be signing.

Don't sell yourself short brother. Just because guys/gals you fly with are saying they are voting yes, shouldn't affect your decision to stand up for what you believe you deserve.

Last edited by CloudSailor; 09-17-2015 at 06:38 AM.