View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 10:06 AM
Raptor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012

Originally Posted by Flaps50 View Post
We didn't get ULR because we said no we want separate 777 rates. - we got nothing in the end, yes the economy went south... we had no leverage, but could have walked away with ULR at 11 hours. That was a huge loss for our pilots.

The union is obligated to grieve any grievance you have if you follow through with the process.

Right now you get the lowest accepted fair for your deviation bank - period. Under the new TA you will get the higher of the accepted fair or the fair when ticketed. Where's the confusion? Regardless, it will not be less than what we get now, and then you get to bank it with a 50% shelf life and a 1 month look back and forward for 100% of the bank. That is considerably better than current book IMO.
Re the accepted fare two looks, agree this is better. I was referencing (not very well, my bad) the negotiating committee post of September 17th:

Flat Bed seats and Class of Service: A number of pilots perceived the potential for reduced deviation banks. We want to make it clear that this is not the case. Section 8.A.5.c.vi. (p. 120 of your TA) provides that your deviation bank will be credited with the Baseline Fare for the highest class of service which is authorized on the scheduled deadhead flight, and which exists on that flight. This rule has not changed. A 'flat bed seat' is defined as 'a seat on a commercial deadhead carrier that when fully reclined is greater than 175 degrees.' 3 seats that you can lay across do not count as a 'flat bed seat.'

And here's the actual TA language:
vi. v. Regardless of the class of service actually bookedticketed, a pilot’s deviation bank shall be credited with the Baseline Fare for the highest class of service which is authorized on the scheduled deadhead flight, and which exists on that flight.

The baseline fare:
a. The Company shall publish the Baseline Fare for all scheduled commercial deadheads.
i. For trips in the bid period package, the “Baseline Fare” is a fare quote obtained no earlier than 7 days before and no later than 2 days after the publication of the bid period package.
ii. For trip revisions, and for trips constructed after the publication of the bid period package, which include a commercial deadhead(s) for
which a Baseline Fare has not yet been published, the Baseline Fare
is a fare quote obtained at the time the Company constructs or
revises the trip.
iii. A Baseline Fare is applicable to all crew positions on the trip
containing the commercial deadhead.

So if you're booked a lower class of service (business instead of discounted first), because the flat bed seat will qualify for higher class of service, you get a one time look BASELINE fare.

The two look fares are:
b. The Company shall determine and publish the Established Fare for all scheduled commercial deadheads after the publishing of First Officer monthly bid awards, as provided in Section 25.__, and no later than 14 days prior to the scheduled departure of the commercial deadhead (except where less than 14 days remain).
i. The Established Fare is a fare quote obtained pursuant to Section
8.A.4.b.
ii. For trip revision(s) involving revision(s) to a deadhead(s), and for
trips constructed after the publication of the bid period package, the
Established Fare will be determined:
(a) When a pilot is assigned to the trip, if 14 or more days remain
prior to the scheduled departure of the deadhead;
(b) 14 days prior to the scheduled departure of the deadhead, if no
pilot has been assigned as of that time; or
(c) At the time the Company constructs or revises the trip, if less than
14 days remain prior to the scheduled departure of the deadhead.
iii. An Established Fare is applicable to all crew positions on the trip
containing the commercial deadhead.

Can someone explain to me why this phrase is in there...if you get deviation bank like the NC says for the higher baseline? i. Regardless of a passenger carrier’s nomenclature or hierarchy for classes of service, a Flat Bed Seat satisfies the higher class of service requirements set forth in this Section.

Now for the "rolling" deviation bank:
ii. To the extent that the pilot’s allowable/reimbursable deviation
expense claims for a given bid period are less than his deviation bank
credit for that bid period, that balance shall first be reduced by half.
This deviation bank allowance (DBA) shall be available to offset past
or future deviation bank overspends, as follows:
(a) If the pilot had allowable/reimbursable deviation expense claims
for the immediately preceding bid period which exceeded his
deviation bank for that bid period, the DBA shall be applied to
offset the prior overspend; and
(b) Any DBA balance remaining after application of Section
8.C.2.a.ii.(a) above shall be added to the pilot’s deviation bank
in the immediately subsequent bid period.

Does this mean the "rolling" deviation bank can keep going forward forever, each month being reduced by 1/2, or will it only go forward for ONE month, then be gone. I haven't seen this question asked in the Q&A and it's unclear to me.