Thread: Energy Drinks
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2015, 12:17 PM
PotatoChip
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Originally Posted by knobcrk View Post
Try this yourself, drink a rockstar about 3 days in a row. It's almost guaranteed that you will get involuntary muscle twitches.

It's obvious they are bad for you. I can't believe people still don't know that. They aren't meant to be consumed like bottled water. They are the equivalent of about 8 cups of coffe mixed with speed. They were invented in Japan, but their bottles are about a third the size of rockstar or monster or Redbull. They're meant as shots not drinks.
Almost everything you said is wrong.

8 cups of coffee? A Rockstar has 160mg of caffeine. The average 8oz cup of coffee has 80-90mg. So unless my math is way off, 8*80=640, which is nowhere near 160.

Invented in Japan? Wrong. They have taurine drinks such as Livita, invented in 1962, but it is not caffeinated and has a completely different formula.

And who drinks them like bottled water? The cans themselves state to limit intake to three cans a day in order to keep caffeine below 500mg a day, a limit easily exceeded by three large Starbucks coffees, yet they give no warning.

And finally, maybe you personally get muscle twitches. Maybe you have a caffeine sensitivity. I have drank a Monster three days in a row on many occasions with no adverse affect. Now, I usually drink about one per week.

That said, don't post baseless BS that can't be backed up by any facts.

Oh, and stop drinking beer! It causes infidelity!!