Old 07-17-2007, 07:08 PM
blastboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: RC-3 Seabee. Skipper of the A21 cutter.

Originally Posted by POPA View Post
Easily one of the Top Ten Movie Moments of all Time, possibly top five.
Definitely top five!! Should go and watch it tonight.

Originally Posted by EDC757 View Post
This conversation reminds me of Robert Redford telling Paul Newman that he can’t jump because he can’t swim. Paul Newman laughs and say “ hell, the fall will probably kill you.

So all of you out there think your safe? Over the years United has had BAD contracts and Great contracts. But what really gets me are those of you who ***** and tell young people to find another career, yet you keep coming back to the world you love. Getting paid to fly airplanes. What else would you recommend , Cop, Lawyer, Fireman?
You know what, you're right. I was surprised to see dad post with such negativity and even mention that he is trying to get me out of the industry. LOL! He's honestly a great captain to fly with, very kind, curtious and professional but very sour when airline politics come up. I'm not trying to save him face or defend him but please understand that he has been through hell and high water with National being bought out, then furloughed, then hired by Pan Am, then furloughed, then hired back, then Pan Am goes out of business, then UAL and now the current situation that all UAL pilots are experiencing. He wasn't blessed with being at UAL for 20 + years, he was counting on Pan Am for that kind of seniority. Who would have expected Pan Am to kick the bucket? I sure didn't when he got hired there. He views on the industry have been drastically changed through all of this and he doesn't want anyone to have to deal with the same crap he's been through....I think if he was on here regularly, it would be like having two "skyhighs" on the forum. No offense skyhigh, I think you're a great guy and I enjoy chatting with you!

Last edited by blastboy; 07-17-2007 at 07:34 PM.