View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 05:29 PM
CBreezy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

There are a lot of people on here who got into this job primarily for coolness factor of being an airline pilot. That's the wrong reason to get into any profession whether it be military, doctor, or pilot.

I got into aviation because I love flying and being a professional pilot. Yes, there are tough days, just like any career. As someone who left a former, well-paying career to become a regional airline pilot, I have yet to regret my decision in well over 5 years. You have to look deep inside and figure out why you want to get into aviation. Is it because you think being an airline pilot would be cool? If that's the answer, stay away and fly a Cessna. Is it because you have a love for aviation and a desire to help people even when they may not appreciate it? Then maybe give it a shot.

One last thing. I've seen my parents and friends more times since becoming an airline pilot than I ever did in my previous career. I've seen more of the world than I ever saw with a 9-5. I've gone to visit family for dinner in one state and had drinks with a friend the next night in another. My wife travels a lot as well and I often go visit her or bid for overnights in cities where she will be.