Old 09-22-2015, 11:18 AM
MaydayMark
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: MD-11 Captain

I've never met Capt. Ventre but I was a lowly line pilot for his entire "tour" as System Chief Pilot. As I respectfully read each of his e-grams I almost always felt as if I (and all other FDX pilots) was being reprimanded? But ... I (we?) hadn't done anything wrong!*?

Capt. Dan left his SCP position saying, "We have to do something about that retirement cap" which made me assume he was likely making MUCH more than that and he was joining the "We have to fix MY retirement problem!" club?

Well, well, well ... now it's time for him to retire and HIS A FUND hasn't been fixed! What was he able to fix for the line pilots when he was in a Management position? Did he fix any of those things? Did he make ANYTHING better for the average line bubba?

Capt. DV seems well liked and respected by his USMC buds. Maybe he really is a "Stand-Up-GUY" and I'm out and I'm out of line trash-talking him? Personally, "I'm not feeling his pain" as he gets ready to head out of the door with the same benefits as the rest of us ...

Poor guy ... I feel really bad for him! GMAB!