Old 09-23-2015, 05:38 PM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by repoman View Post
I don't remember a single one of you yes guys saying how stupid Delta pilots are for voting against their Union TA. And, its not that we hate the Union, we just hate the TA that several Union Reps also hated!
I'm your huckleberry. Delta voted down their TA because half their raise came from giving up half their profit sharing. They gave up scope seats to European partners. They gave up FO training bumps. And they gave up the right to privacy on their medical records. There is no doubt in my mind DALPA would Jump for our TA and our work rules in a heartbeat.

As I understand it we are voting no because of no A plan increase, Lie flat seats instead of a possible first class upgrade, give and take on deviation bank, and some other various and sundry laundry list of items. Some of those items like changing turn times to deny hotel rooms the company can and are doing now.

Now vote no if you want, I understand your decision, some people I respect are in that camp. But the same goes for the yes camp. Ill be perfectly happy with my vote and happy however the membership vote turns out. As per the 2011 contract vote I will be perfectly happy saying I told you so. Frankly as I have said more then once, after we gave away the farm in 2011 for 6%, I didn't expect another contract until 2017 anyways. How did you vote in 2011?