View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 07:59 AM
shoelu
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: CA

Originally Posted by ZapBrannigan View Post
Biggest problem I see with that is organizing such a campaign (generating own leverage) without it SEEMING like an organized campaign and resulting in a big lawsuit against the association.

Kind of like the old joke around here. Captain says, "I'm SO mad that we don't have a contract yet!"
FO "No you're not."
Captain, (now looking at FO) "yes I am! I deserve more!"
FO "you're not mad yet"
Captain "What do you mean?"
FO "you released the brakes early to 'give them an on time', you taxied single engine, you did a reduced thrust takeoff. We climbed to the most efficient cruise altitude and you just asked for a shortcut. We flew 8 hours to Aruba and back without food and you weren't willing to go get us any food in Aruba. We are carrying a broken tray table and a coffee pot that is intermittent. -- You are clearly not mad yet."
I'll go you one better!

If we as individuals decided to stop picking up open time the operational disruption would cripple SWA. I haven't picked up anything in over a year and I won't until we have a ratified deal.

The schedule Southwest runs simply cannot be operated without voluntary pick ups. It is up to us to take a stand as individuals.