Thread: Team Newark
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Alex
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: XJT FO

Originally Posted by Skynut View Post
Just got the call from manpower planning and it looks like i am joining team newark. Looking for any advice on crashpads, preferably one that i won't get shot at everytime i go outside if that's possible. Also wondering how much flying i should be able to get while on reserve. Any how should be out there in about two to three weeks. I am starting OE in Cleveland on monday the 24th. Thanks for the advice!
Welcome to Newark man, you're gonna love it here! You'll get used a lot on reserve, which shouldn't even last that long. Since I've been here (October), every single capt i've flown with has been awesome, and I already have a lot of good overnight stories (us newark crews are known for partying the most). As far as the crashpad situation, I can't really help cus I live here, but it seems like the safest neighborhood would be the Ironbound area of Newark. There's always Hoboken and Bayonne as well, very safe places. Just look in the crew room, you'll see ads posted everywhere for crashpads.