Thread: Allegiant Air
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 09:28 AM
HVYMETALDRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2013
Position: FO

Originally Posted by crxpilot View Post
So how does not having SIDA anymore and having KCM work for those in bases that dont have KCM stations such as; SFB.....PIE......IWA......BLI......AVL? I guess you can mesmerize over your barcode as you go thru your daily TSA abuse?
The TSA is the least of our problems here.

Most of our stations are small and our agents know us on a first name basis. Remember, doing mostly day trips we don't carry roller boards. We just walk up in the crew lane (skipping the line) go to the pre-check, empty pockets, and put the day bag through the scanner. I don't carry a laptop, just spare set of clothes and other necessities if we end up at a hotel. When I used to be based at PIE we weren't even required to go through the TSA checkpoint, we just entered through the crew room door behind the ticket counter.

Then I walk through the terminal to the gate. The CAs usually do the walk-arounds here but if I do it I just stay in the shadow of the aircraft.

KCM would be nice, but considering the TSA checkpoint rarely takes more than 3 minutes (literally) I'm not worried about it. I'm actually more worried that if we had it I'd see $2.00 subtracted every pay period like my buddy told me at Mesa.

Again, there's a TON of issues here, but this is probably the least of them. If you want to call it an issue.