View Single Post
Old 09-25-2015, 07:28 PM
LRSRanger
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Left seat bizjet
Default Ameriflight

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
You speak in the heat of the moment, and apply it to 30 years. You really think this pilot shortage is going to last that long? I don't think so.

Who cares if it does or doesn't? If you move on and get furloughed in 20 years, bottom feeder cargo companies will always be around. And don't kid yourself, AMF is a bottom feeder. Redding Aero is advertising 5-6K a MONTH to fly cargo. Key Lime is advertising 55K starting and a 4 day work schedule. Are you advocating that after the pilot shortage is over in 2030 we will all have to go back to cargo? No, hopefully we will all be close to retirement NOT flying a Metro held together with high speed tape and MEL stickers. It's like you are starving, and someone is offering you food for a decade or 2, and you want to refuse on the grounds that you might be hungry again someday.

And I'm not taking my frustration of today and extrapolating it 30 years. The old timers I've talked to almost seem to wear it as a badge of honor how ***tty they have historically been treated. Doing mtx flights for free, Per diem denied, being not given legal rest etc. And I have no reason to think it will be better in the next 30 years.

Please, I would like to know what this place offers as a long term place of employment that's so good someone wouldn't want to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk