Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 03:17 PM
Turbosina
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Guppy Gear Slinger

Originally Posted by Jaym View Post
Hey guys what are some of the reserve rules? I'm starting initial for Skywest in a few days. I've heard nothing but awful things about Skywest reserve. I came from a regional with some of the worst work rules in the industry. So I can't imagine it would be that bad. Just curious how the reserve rules stack up compared to them.
I commuted to reserve and wanted to shoot myself. In-base reserve is marginally better. Plan on flying a lot... In 5 months of reserve I think I had 4 days on which I wasn't called.

Also, even if your base is fat on reserves, plan on plenty of OBR duty, where they send you to sit reserve out of your domicile. Plan on at least one of these each month.

Read the SAPA survival guide and take your blood-pressure meds. You'll need them. Oh, and disregard anything to do with seniority on reserve... Crew Scheduling doesn't pay any attention to seniority or 'Call First' status, as those things are virtually irrelevant under the new reserve rules.

That said, you won't be on reserve long, that's for sure. So that's the good news.