Old 09-27-2015, 11:30 AM
skyshadows74
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: CA
Default Best software to get prepared for interviews

What in your opinion is the best software or program that I could download online, that you think would prepare me best for an interview at the Regionals? I have read a ton of threads and come to the following conclusions:
Study IFR test questions
Study ATP test questions
Jepp charts and plates
Fundamentals of Flight Ch 7,8,9

I don't do as well just reading a PDF on my computer, or with rote memorization, as I do with a more interactive software that I have to actually participate in to complete. Not that I can't use those techniques, I just do much better with an interactive program. Just thought I would ask some advice and opinions on this issue before I spend any money on one.

I have been out of professional aviation for around 6 years and I want to take advantage of the current hiring environment to try and get re-employed in the field. I have a 1st class medical, 3000+ total time, 1500 Multi PIC, 400 Turbine PIC in a transport category, and a type rating. Getting my BFR and IPC this week in a twin. I don't have my ATP or ATP written (my type was done flying 135 freight and written expired couple of years ago), but I have surmised from reading a lot of threads that some regionals will take care of that with their ATP CTP program. Just wanted to study up before I submit any applications and possibly get an interview and also get some hours of instrument flying so I can give myself the best shot to not only land the job, but to attempt to keep up in training and keep the job.

Thanks in advance for all that comment!