View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 01:29 PM
FLY6584
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 737 right

Originally Posted by 74Freighter View Post
I don't know if you are sarcastic or naive. He is part of Corporate America, that looks at employees as cheap labor that can be replaced. Not easily in WG case but Jim doesn't seem to care. A bunch of MD-11s with no GPS, ACARS, SAT phones or sleeping quarters and a bunch of MELs. It's been a year, he could have made it at least good by now that would make people stay.
It's not about successful company for him, it's money!!! He'll sell it in 5-7 years.
It's neither sarcastic or naive. I understand what corporate America is all about, but this is not a huge company that is traded publicly. This is a small privately owned company and Jim Neff doesn't have to answer to stock owners. The only person he has to answer to is himself. I just don't understand why someone that is that wealthy who isn't a slave to the stock owners chooses to run a company that way. I understand he probably feels like he got burned by the pilots at Southern that sued him, but they won that case for a reason.

I just couldn't look myself in the mirror if I knew I had the opportunity to provide a bunch of hard working Americans with a great job and I still chose to keep wages low and working conditions difficult just so that I could die with a few more million in the bank. Like I said, it's a shame.