View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 06:26 PM
skyshadows74
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: CA
Default Applying at Regionals, Issue or Not?

I am about to start sending out apps for the regionals, but I need some advice on a potential verification work history issue or advise on preparing for a potential issue and I am only asking this based on applying to the regional airlines at this point.
I am returning to the career after almost 9 years of being out and my current 10+ year work history is as follows:

Most current job (Non-Aviation) last 5 years
Before that went back to school part time and did odd jobs for extra money for 3 years
Prior to that 135 Cargo job for 11mo but company closed doors in 2008
Before that 20 months flying traffic watch, verifiable
Ran flight school 1 year but company closed years ago
135 Captain Cargo operation 22 months Verifiable
Going back further I have a few more flying jobs but that gets me back around 14 years
So my question is I have several periods in there that I don't have a clue how they are going to verify it because the companies don't exist anymore. So how is this going to affect me during the background check process and what can I do if anything to help prepare for that? I am currently only looking at applying at the regionals so I am asking in particular about what the regionals will say, but I am not ruling out 135 at all.
My flight times are: 3200 TT, 3094 PIC, 1500 ME, 400 Turbine, 375 Turbine PIC
I don’t have an ATP and took written some years ago but has long expired, and I do have a Type, all my turbine PIC time is in a transport category aircraft as Captain (135 freight). I have a current first class medical and will have BFR and IPC this week. I know this will be an issue but what can I do to prepare for it in the case I do get an interview and then an offer? Should I get letters of verification from people who knew me at the time or anything else? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!