View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 06:57 PM
gringo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: Under the Frog

Originally Posted by FLY6584 View Post
It's neither sarcastic or naive. I understand what corporate America is all about, but this is not a huge company that is traded publicly. This is a small privately owned company and Jim Neff doesn't have to answer to stock owners. The only person he has to answer to is himself. I just don't understand why someone that is that wealthy who isn't a slave to the stock owners chooses to run a company that way. I understand he probably feels like he got burned by the pilots at Southern that sued him, but they won that case for a reason.

I just couldn't look myself in the mirror if I knew I had the opportunity to provide a bunch of hard working Americans with a great job and I still chose to keep wages low and working conditions difficult just so that I could die with a few more million in the bank. Like I said, it's a shame.
Man, I'm really happy you got the call for Southwest; with that idealistic Pollyanna-like outlook of yours, you're simply not cut out for the scumbag-side of flying. You'd drive yourself crazy trying to figure out why your boss acts the way he does. The fact that he's using a third party to hire you so as to avoid future lawsuits should tell you everything you'll ever need to know about what makes Mr. Neff tick.

Western Global, SkyLease, Southern... All roach hotels. The owners care about one thing, and one thing only; the bottom line. They could literally give a flying frack about you and your co-workers. You are a line item on their expense sheet, nothing more. The closer they can get that number to "zero", the better.

This isn't Corporate America. This is way, way worse. This is "36th Street" Scumbag America. This is "sleazeball Guido used-car salesman/ bail bondsman running an airline" America. Pimps are generally viewed in better light than the types running these companies.

I don't know when your class date is at WN, but if I was in your shoes, I'd spend as much time as possible between now and then not flying. Your certificate is on the line every single time you go to TOGA power on that junker fleet you're flying, way more than even you may realize.