View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 09:55 AM
gringo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: Under the Frog

Originally Posted by Alldaysushi View Post
I invite you to reexamine that this is the prevailing thought process from most corporate bean counters in all sectors.
I generally agree with your statement. However, the guys running these airlines take it to a whole new level.

Guys like Neff, Ray, Soaper, etc etc, not only do they not give a flying fig about you, they downright despise you.

At least Connie gives it to you straight; "My name's Connie, that's my name on the building, if you don't like how I run things, leave. I'm gonna fcku you sometimes, you're gonna fcku me other times, but we'll both make lots of money in the meantime..." Man might be a son-of-a-*****, but he's up front about it. (Never worked for the guy but this story has been retold countless times)

The other guys? Not only do they not care about you (the pilot) but they'll actually go out of their way to make your situation as miserable as possible, if only to remind you that you work for them.

I dunno. Maybe they weren't hugged enough as children. Maybe they wanted to be pilots themselves but couldn't figure it out. Whatever the case may be, they run their business not only as lean as possible, but also as vindictively as possible, just because they know they have, for the most part, a captive audience, and because they can.

Corporate bean counters generally have a soul. A small one, granted, but it's there. Neff? Soaper? Ray? They run their business in a way that would make a Lincoln Park Pirate give pause, thinking "no, man, that's just going too far."

Last edited by gringo; 09-28-2015 at 10:32 AM.