View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 08:43 PM
gringo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: Under the Frog

Originally Posted by Diesel8 View Post
Hey Gringo,

Are things so boring @ Spirit that you gotta cruise the 'boards here to keep b*tching about the obvious?

Yeah we already know all about this cr*p already.

Don't you have anything better to do? Think Don Henley - Boys Of Summer: Don't look back, you can never look back!

Maybe you miss it and want to come back! I'm really truly thinking that you do!

You could be Captain on the 737, they are doing Direct Entry Check Airman on that aircraft!

Adios!
Hmm. Guess you didn't get the memo.

The purpose of these boards is to educate. Well, ***** and educate. But since I managed to successfully extricate myself from that mess, I've got nothing to "*****" about. My posts provide perspective on the subject matter, without the (ample) sugarcoating provided by the current inmates.

If you had spent maybe, oh, 30 seconds reading the previous posts on this thread (and every other one just like it) you would have come to the realization that there are quite a few people out there who have no idea what this side of the fence flying actually entails. You and I know; maybe it's "obvious" to us, but it certainly isn't "obvious" to them.

Maybe you're sore that I got out but you're still stuck at Suddern. You'll get your shot. One way or another, you'll be free too. You'll finally get hired somewhere else, or Suddern will close up shop. Whichever comes first.

But to answer your question. Why do I "cruise these boards"? Because I'm the guy I wish I had to listen to 10 years ago when I made the mistake of switching. Because I didn't have someone tell me to pull my head out of my ass when I considered leaving a well-established regional to pursue some magic wide-body time in the hopes for getting picked up by a major faster. Because I cringe when someone makes an impassioned plea to ears that have gone deaf a long time ago, wondering why things suck so bad, surely there must be a way to improve the situation?

I do this because guys are still grossly uninformed out there, making 2005-era mistakes in 2015.

Seriously, though. Come back to Suddern? To be a Captain on a Jurassic-era Guppy? Why the hell would I, or anyone else for that matter, want to do that?

I dunno though. Maybe you're right. Maybe I am bored. What, with 83 hours of credit this month and 19 whopping days off, maybe I do need to find something else to do with all my spare time... Although, I gotta be honest. It's been a slow month. Last month I managed 141 hours credit with 15 days off.

Yup. That's it. Boredom.

Last edited by gringo; 09-28-2015 at 09:19 PM.