View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 09:38 PM
ERJ Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: ERJ CA

Originally Posted by NoJoy View Post
I have also read over the revised Instructions for recording flight time and my confusion is: "PIC for this purpose is defined as CA/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls"
It would be easy to just list my CA time as CA in a DHC-8 and nothing more. But I have over 600 hrs PIC time in multi-engine piston, most of it as a MEI. Should I also count this? Any thoughts to the confusion. What is UAL definition of CA?
Hey man, that's the question!!! I don't know- are they purposely being vague? Heck, why didn't they just use airline apps like everyone else... I figure I am going to leave off all my commercial 1 and 2 banger time- it'll amount to about 200-300 toward my total time (instructor time most of it, so that is the same problem as you), and that is no big deal. If they question me in the interview about it, heck... I'll just say their instructions were vague and I erred to the conservative side. If they don't like that answer... I don't know. I'm fired I guess.