View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 05:07 AM
Fourpaw
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: Airplane

Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
first of all thanks for all the great replies I've gotten on this thread already for what is probably some real noobish questions. for those that don't know or remember, I am a rotorcraft guy looking to switch over. currently in the process of obtaining my multi comm.

so another noob question -

so i feel like endeavor is the place I want to be. so i apply and am hired. so the question is I want/need MSP as a base, could I be forced to take a base I didn't want ? how are bases gained or assigned ? can you be hired on the condition that you will only take a certain domicile?

wife would transfer to the AF reserve or guard unit at MSP as she is too close to retirement to walk away now. i totally get the QoL thing and am willing to move to a new place to live in domicile but definetly need to try and move to a base where there is an AF reserve or guard unit nearby with an opening

appreciate any help, Jeff
You could probably hold the Msp 200 right out of ground school as it has been the most junior so far. If not then maybe 1-2 months. It will depend on staffing need and of course your age determines seniority in the class.