Thread: Skywest
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 05:18 PM
rcfd13
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: Another RJ FO

Originally Posted by M20EPilot View Post
I suggest looking at the pairing statistics year over year, or make comparisons starting in March of 2015 when that pairing optimizer first started to be used. The RSR reports are archived on the SAPA website. In my opinion things got much better after the software change.
The 3 and 4 days got better in my base. The locals and 2 days became almost non-existant. I live in base and bid for short trips. My seniority has improved from 50% down to 25% within the last year, yet my schedule is worse than ever. When I was bidding 50% we had about 15 locals + 2 days to choose from nearly every day. I was senior enough to get something in the middle. Now bidding 25% we have between 1 and 3 locals or 2 days every day. I'm just about senior enough to get the worst of the 3.

My January 2015 schedule bidding 50%: 90 credit 18 days off all locals and 2 days.

My October 2015 schedule bidding 25%: 90 credit 12 days off all locals.

I'm working 6 extra days for the same amount of pay while my seniority went up 25% in the process. This software is not helping me in the least.

On the bright side it makes me willing to take the quickest upgrade because it's not like I'm holding a decent line as a senior FO anyway. I may as well take a pay raise and sit reserve for a few years as a captain.