View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 03:55 PM
screamin jet
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: B-767 Captain

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
What constitutes "Industry Leading"?

Our TA Pay Rates are described by our Negotiating Committee Chairman as "Industry Leading." I invite you to examine those rates and justify the characterization.

Granted, Pay Rates was not one of the Top Five priorities identified by the FedEx pilots leading up to the 2010 Openers. Yet, if our current Negotiating Committee is intent on selling this TA using terms like "Industry Leading" pay rates, then such an assertion requires an examination of its voracity. If this assertion is a stretch, how can we trust that other stretches have not been made?

Watch the Roadshow videos. 4 slides compare our rates to other airlines. Which of those slides show higher pay rates? On the one (of four) that does show a higher rate, what longevity is compared? Is it 15 year rates versus 15 year rates? (No.). Is it 12 year rates versus 12 year rates? (No.). Look at the title of that slide. Do you feel like you've been given the unvarnished truth, or a slant?

"My Negotiating Committee Speaks For Me" means I won't succumb to The Company's efforts to circumvent the Negotiating Committee and attempt to deal directly with the pilots. It is not an unrestricted license to undermine the best interests of the pilot group.

It's the job of the Negotiating Committee now to describe the deal, good, bad, and otherwise. I get enough deceit from The Company; I don't need it or want it from my own team. Industry leading? Balderdash.

Now... That is a very good point, and I did notice that. Why would they compare apples to oranges? Are we ALL that tired, fatigued and dumbed up? Or what? Our top end pay scales are 15 yrs. here at FedEx. Everyone else's for our comparison sake, it's 12 yrs. at AA, DL and UA.