View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 07:44 PM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by CloudSailor View Post
I personally know of 3 (2 of whom are now WB CA's), who last year had personally told me that they would definitely, absolutely, no questions asked, retire this October. Well I have been in contact with them, and now they will not retire now because of the incentives this TA provides. Of course, their sharing their plans with me during a conversation is not a promise nor a contract nor anything along those lines.

What I am pointing out is, the ratification of this TA, among other things, will delay retirements as more senior guys stay to 'die while trying' for the SLB. How much does this affect your QOL? And how about pay?
Here's the thing, I don't know if we are going to have quicker retirements if this TA is voted down, or voted in. The problem is, the cat is out of the bag. People know with this or any further TA, there will be a good bonus, the SLB and the retirement notice incentive. If the TA is voted down, will people stick around longer, waiting to see if there is the elusive A fund increase they were hoping for, and sticking around to get the exit bonuses?

If the TA is voted in, will people who were going to retire shortly continue to stick around to get the SLB and exit bonus? Or if they can't stick around until Dec 31, 2016, will they take the money and run. I don't know. I'm just planning on everyone staying until the day they turn 65 or drop dead, either way, whichever is sooner.

And this is the main thing that affects my QOL, but not so much my pay. Senior pilots sticking around forever, and flying their butts off. Carryover, double lines. Take some time off, already!