View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 12:33 PM
Typhoonpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: tri current

Originally Posted by The Dominican View Post
Although there is a serious problem with pilots getting creative with their resumes on the international expat market.... The more reputable companies do comprehensive employment background checks and EK is one of those companies so personally I don't put too much credit on this story..., besides the fact that training at EK is not the easiest thing to pass so somebody with deficiencies in their airmanship would have an uphill battle, and without the protection of employment laws and unions, I would suspect that those deficiencies would be apparent during training at this particular airline, their typical failure rate is at around 20% the last I spoke with one of their instructors.

There are many stories about the international expat pilot market that keep being repeated up to the point that people swear by them..., but all they are is stories!

True that some of the guys with Parker pen time get caught out in training, but not all.

Emirates' background checks are not that good to be honest. I've had people ask me about DUIs and such. The answer straight from recruiting at the time was, "just don't put it down, they don't check".

When Varig went out of business a lot of late 30s, early 40s guys showed up as DECs with 3000 PIC in the MD-11. Yeah right!!, Varig was a very senior airline, there is no way those guys had PIC time in the MD-11.

Typhoonpilot