Thread: Regional Advice
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 11:49 AM
HermannGraf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: CR7

Originally Posted by downtownkid View Post
I failed the checkride itself in the sim. I pass Indoc, Systems, Oral, and got all the way through training, and on the last sim ride (Checkride Sim) I failed on two items. A non-precision apporach, and the go around. I had to meet with management after that, and they basically kicked me to the curb!

I only took my checkride once, and I still have my 8710 form from it, and I have no idea if its on my record or not. I would presume it is on my record, and I do not want to be dishonest, and go into some regional and lie about it. That just isn't right to me.

I have a friend who works for AE, and I have turned my stuff in there, and I got an e-mail recently from them, and I just haven't set up the interview date yet. He claims he spoken to someone there at AE, and if I'm honest about it, they will over look it. So I am confused.

I guess you can say I am little worried about my career. I'm in my 30's, 4 year degree, 2000 hours, 300 hours ME, and I just want to get a regional job fix this problem, and hopefully someday move on to the majors.
You are right. No point in lying or hide things that will come out in a background check. That would make things worse. No point in hiding or lying even if it would not come out.

You can make it but it will be harder.
If you have a reference inside American Eagle then who knows.......give it a try.

They just have a hard time believing a company will invest in 30 - 40k training and then just let you go without giving you the extra training you need to get ready...........it is a bad financial idea if they do as it is much more expensive to train another pilot from the start.....AE will in most cases believe the pilot is the problem....