View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 05:12 AM
HwkrPlt
Pilot

Joined APC: Dec 2014
Position: Large cabin Bizjet

Originally Posted by Fetzervalve View Post
I realize this is the 135 board, but I don't get the current mentality against the regionals for new pilots needing experience. I have time at a regional when the pay was lower and when we were viewed as completely worthless scum by management. But it was also some of the best flying and training I had....

Nowadays, the regionals will bend over backwards to get you interested. Now they NEED you... The pay is a little better but the equipment and the varied flying is a lot better than what I had. These days newhires can go from a beat up Seminole to a brand new E175 with a decent upgrade time. Now is the best time to join the "stronger" regionals if you need good flight experience IMHO.

You can always go to the fractionals or better 135 outfits after time at the regionals if you hate it.

Bottom line: the regionals give you OPTIONS - you can stay on the airline track or you can always go to the frax/135s if you are a good networker. Don't assume jumping to 135 operators like TMC will be sooooo much better than regional flying. With pilot bases at regionals all over the country, pick a few of the better regionals with bases near your desired location and consider it.
Well stated, and I have given the same advice to people asking me which way they should go these days.