View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 05:18 AM
METO Guido
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by cardiomd View Post
Good job with your sycophantic posting! In conjunction with the design engineers, of course, we all agree. AOA probes are and should be in airliners who routinely fly near the edges of the flight envelope. That is not up for debate.

However, that was not the question debated:

The error is a very small subset of "veteran line professionals" or those in the military try to generalize their experiences to all GA aircraft, which can lead to nonsensical regulation and focus on another "whiz-bang gauge" instead of learning basic flying skills and the feel of flight. When talking about regulations and technique for light aircraft, I "humbly submit" to experienced GA pilots, or (ex) airline pilots who fly a lot of light aircraft, or those knowledgeable in aircraft design and aerodynamics.
My goodness...MD, Engineer & Pilot, I'm just so grateful you manage to find the time in what must be a very demanding schedule to share all that knowledge here.

Speaking of GA, do the wings fold on a Skylane? Just had a great idea where you could hangar that thing, cheap.

Whiz whiz, bang bang.