View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 08:52 AM
RhinoBallAuto
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014
Position: Recovering OBOGS addict

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR View Post
Are you sure about that?
In the C/D NATOPS (with the EPEs) there was wording included about minimum controllable airspeeds and such that allowed them to be considered non-centerline thrust. I would have thought the E/F would have carried that language over.
E/F is a separate TMS and has entirely different language throughout the NFM. But there are lots of people that would agree with you... myself included.

As for the second bolded part - you need to find one that understands the books, not one that "overlooks". How about the local FSDOs around the Hornet bases? Even ones around your training bases ought to have some experience with former Hornet guys from the squadrons.
Maybe "overlooks" was the wrong choice of words, but your point is taken. I meant to say that the restriction on my previous commercial ticket would be overlooked, because as it was explained to me, the local FSDO is satisfied w/ seeing "instructor" and "F/A-18" in order to grant the MEI. But I will continue to dig.

As for padding the resume, I haven't seen my peers with your background *need* to get the equivalency qualifications in order to be hired and times are only getting better on that front. IF I were on the hiring board, I'd be impressed with your instructor qualifications from the military service, but without actual time instructing in GA aircraft, and knowing that you got those qualifications through the mil-comp, I personally would not give them much (if any) weight.
This goes to the heart of my question, so thank! ...but as NoDeskJob pointed out, there appears to still be merit in doing so.

Any thoughts about just waiting to get MCI after ATP? Would that make the question OBE, or not?