View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 02:17 PM
Miami73
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by Natca View Post
Its still 42k a year lots better pickins out there guys

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
True! But they're not "pickins", as in, it's not like you can reach out and grab any of them. They have to you actually call you, schedule an interview, and offer you a job. For many of us, that just isn't happening.
This was my point. People think coming here will make them more marketable so that they do get that call?? I was just trying to make a point for those that are looking at coming to Miami Air to make sure they do their homework before they sign on the dotted line here. Coming here is not necessarily the best move for some if they are looking to go to the big boys after here. Guys are leaving left and right for a reason- and it's not because they love working here. (When a company looses top level employees in all departments, that should say something about "sinking ship").

We've had a couple guys go to the legacies from here, but it seems they all had connections of some sort. The majority of guys leaving are throwing in the towel with this place and are leaving for places like Spirit, Frontier, jetBlue or even regionals. Both Captains and First Officers have had enough! Considered a "lateral" move in the past maybe, yet when you talk to them now it's a HUGE step UP from life at Miami Air today. That should tell you how things are here from the outside. The massive hiring they are trying to do now is to compensate for the huge group of guys who left after having had enough of this place.

Just do your homework before you come here. You won't get rich, you won't build time, and you will spend a lot of time deadheading around the world/country fatigued.

One of my favorite things I've heard here over the years... "I'm tired of being tired!"

For those interested in a Miami 737 gig... consider this:

From the Eastern page.....

Originally Posted by Coke Pilot View Post
Minimum Pay Guarantee is 70 hours, regular pay up to 85 hours.
Training pay is $2500.00 per month plus lodging during training.

Capt. / FO
1. 110.00. / 42.00
2. 115.00. / 70.00
3. 125.00. / 75.00
4. 140.00. / 82.00
5. 146.00. / 92.00

After 85 hrs. Is 125%
Days of is 125%
Jr / A. Is 150%

17 days on 13 days off. Base in Miami.

VACATION
1 year. 7 days
2 year. 10 days
3 year. 15 days

They have personal days off 7 days per year, it can be used for anything ( vacation, sick days , anything you want).

Plus known crew, global entry, cass, and company travel benefit.

Medical insurance 100% cover by the company for employees. Family is kind of Costing 600 per month(300 per check). (Family = employee + wife ) or ( employee + wife + children) is the same.
The company said the price will be lower as they get more employees.

Short, long term disability insurance with loss of license.

For now Eastern is a Charter company with 3 airplanes on property and 5 by December. ( investors approved about 7 airplanes by February ).

Last edited by Miami73; 10-04-2015 at 02:37 PM.