View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 07:39 PM
DLax85
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Gear Monkey

Originally Posted by Patches View Post
I'll bet "they" know the projected outcome already. Its likely a statistically significant number has already voted and there is little that will change the trends in yes/no voting percentages.
I think that may be true when a vote is held over a short period of time --- i.e. 12-24 hrs, where there is little new information or continued debate and people are just trying to get to the polls to vote

In this case, I think those who haven't voted are still gathering some information, listening to perspectives, and delaying their final decisions

In fact, I think many "weak yes" voters would love to hear someone formulate a focused plan to improve this TA in 12 months our less

A TA 2.0 wouldn't fix all the gripes, but could make it a bit more palatable on the big issues - initial pay percentage, B fund enhancements, length of the contract

It would also be a chance to actually write clearer/tighter language on many small issues that are supposedly causing undue consternation --- 6 week bid periods, inclined vs lie-flat seats, etc

If they were confident that was possible, I think they'd be more confident to vote "No" and let negotiations continue for a while

Last edited by DLax85; 10-04-2015 at 07:50 PM.