Raptor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Default Who Knows How It Will Go?

Poll on Jetflyers at PollDaddy is
NO 62 votes -- 56%
YES 29 votes -- 26%
Haven't voted yet 20 -- 18%

Surprising number who haven't voted yet.

Poll on APC
NO 124 -- 67%
YES 61 -- 33%

But, I looked at last FDA. The poll was over 80% NO and it passed 68-32 didn't it?

This implies to me that there are a LOT of pilots who could care less about social media. One would have to work hard digesting the TA and looking through the very positive message at the Roadshows/videos to see the ramifications.

This very large swing vote (about half of the pilot group) is the determining factor obviously. My take on talking to quite a few pilots is that this swing vote realizes the TA is very underwhelming and don't like it, but I think over half (from my unscientific survey) will be voting for it. Why? --Several reasons: path forward unknown, think economy is turning down, believe in MEC/NC that they say it's the best we can get, TA 2.0 won't be any better and will have lost money in mean time, etc.

So, I have no idea how this will turn out. Unless NO vote pilots contact friends and talk up the concessions and email/text www.purpleTA.com link, I think it could pass. If the message is out there and swing vote goes slightly towards NO, then it will fail.

Two more weeks to keep the conversation going! I just hope the swing vote is more engaged than I think. I'll be satisfied with the vote either way as I think we've collectively as a pilot group will have really gone over this TA as much as could be expected.