View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 04:04 AM
Flightcap
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by RhinoPherret View Post
LOL! You are such a HOOT!

As has been pointed out often by so many others, you just like to ARGUE (not discuss) issues. Lecturing, slinging text book passages, and internet links does not cut it. The rest of the folks here usually back up their DISCUSSIONS with knowledge and skills gained from their PROFESSIONAL civilian and military flying careers. Stick to backing up your (try discussions instead of arguing) with more consistent real world flight experiences that YOU encounter and you may find some true street cred someday here. Otherwise, keep on arguing and lecturing so you can see yourself in print if that is what keeps ya going.
For the record, my school is based at one of the top 5 busiest airports in Ohio. I've seen plenty of unprofessional bizjet pilots and also plenty of professional GA pilots. Having flown a particular type of aircraft shouldn't be a pre-requisite for having a discussion about aerodynamics.

On AoA, my university and the FAA recently conducted a study using flight path data to compare the performance of GA pilots during takeoff, landing, and stalls with or without an AoA. The data is still being compiled. I didn't participate, but from the pilots who did I haven't heard any "man, I miss that AoA in my regular flying" kind of talk.