View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 03:44 PM
cardiomd
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Seat: Vegan friendly faux leather

Originally Posted by FDXLAG View Post
What little I remember about light airplanes
With all due respect, then why are you arguing in such a maniacal fashion with somebody who has a good deal of current experience in them? Flying freight does not an expert in aerodynamics make, as your posts prove. I don't argue with you about nuances of flying the 767 or about things I'm not familiar with.

Originally Posted by FDXLAG View Post
So doc if I google stalls per 1000 take offs which one is more likely to pop up, the doctor or the airline. I seriously don't know, I am sure you can tell me. Let's use fatalities in our search because I'm sure not a lot of doctors self report.
Your posts come across as a series of non-sequiturs. First it "who is closer to the edge of the envelope," now it is stalls per 1000 takeoffs data?

As a simple logical thought process for you, regulations aside, could you make a typical flight in your 767 without an AOA or pitot probe? I hope not. However, a light aircraft easily could. During my training we would often cover the ASI, fly pitch and power, or estimate speeds by control feel. We still have the emergency AOA indicator, AKA stall horn. It is good training and I'd advise all light plane pilots to do this.