View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Singlecoil
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: Supine
Default Election

So I just received an email from a candidate for Block 5 rep for the Seattle council. Somehow, this is the first I have heard that the most important election a pilot can vote in is next Monday. Oh, and by the way, unless your ballots are in the mail by Friday, your vote won't count.

What ballot?

Like many of you I imagine, I proceeded to sift through the pile of mail that my wife collates for me as I am out working most of the time, and found no ALPA ballot. I then went to crewroom.alpa.org expecting to find a vote button, but not to be. The most current missive from my council I could find was from March on the website I pay over $3000 a year for. Say it isn't so.

I have heard in the past that no one shows up for union meetings. That is certainly for myriad reasons; working, family issues, etc. How can it be in this day and age that I can't vote online for the person who is going to select the next MEC Chairman and more importantly, the next negotiating committee?

Could it be that the people in those positions like their 90 hours of pay per month and would like to keep the status quo?

I hope I'm mistaken and there is another way for me to vote other than in person, as I have to work on Monday.

Hopefully someone will call me out and tell me I'm wrong.