View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 11:01 AM
Laughing_Jakal
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
Tough guys ...

I'm hearing a lot of, "I'm a tough guy, but there aren't enough tough guys to make a second push for an acceptable TA worth the time it might take."

If so many of us consider ourselves to be tough guys, why do we perceive so many of our peers to be weak?

Sure, there will always be the outliers who can't see beyond tomorrow, and operate selfishly as individuals. They get a lot of press, but I submit they are in the minority. I think most of us are just as tough as I am, and will do the right thing. We simply need an opportunity to display our resolve.

Have we already forgotten how successful the informational picketing event was?

TonyC,

We had this exact conversation at the RoadShow. I'm a self described "Tough Guy".....but I'm voting Yes.

I didn't go to informational picketing as I was out flying. I will submit that there is a big difference between low-risk informational picketing and the idea of giving up (Risk) of real pay increases (Whether or not you think it is above or below or just at a COLA).....money in your pocket.

Who is weak among us? Those that clamored to see the TA and that they had a "right" to see it, and then complain that it should have never made it past the MEC. Yes I have heard those guys. I think some of the "leaked info" soiled the process and circumvented the process. What I see from this pilot group in some quarters is a lack of patience. I am not confident we have a pilot group that can unify behind a long drawn-out fight if a good portion couldn't wait the two weeks to find out what the MEC decided.

A lot of people are continuing to whip themselves up and obsess over this vote. Let's let the process happen.