View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 03:14 PM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Angry

Originally Posted by StarClipper View Post
It doesn't matter where I work, but I'll call BS or double standard when I see it. A lot of guys on here who were preaching unity and knock other for flying overtime "whether or it was to the individuals family benefit" are now only concerned about there own family and pockets. Therefore when time to negotiate another contract how would be able to deter guy from flying overtime. Seems like it's ok to be selfish and put unity aside when it's convenient to you.
I appreciate the people who explained how the TA would affect them on a personal level. Everyone is thinking about that, and personal examples make much more sense than wading through technical contractual language. I don't consider that selfish at all. In fact the concept of, "Don't vote your interests, vote mine, and if you don't, you're selfish," seems weird to me.

The reason why I think there may be little unity is witnessing all the newly blocked schedules over the last several months, and the number of people working three weeks out of every four, during negotiations. It's hard to keep the faith, witnessing that.