View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 12:04 PM
notEnuf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Position: stake holder ir.delta.com

Originally Posted by Barca View Post
I read his letter and he is clear. He wants to protect those of us who, when sick, properly use sick leave. If you abuse sick leave ( lie, commit fraud, etc. ) it's time to change your ways. Who could have a problem with that?
I do. My ALPA rep is supposed to be my advocate, his or her personal opinion of my actions are not relevant. If he or she thinks I am a sick leave abuser or believes I am not entitled to full rights regarding the PWA then they are unable to preform the duty of union representative. Anything less than the attitude and demeanor of a defense is unacceptable.

The 2%ers are the holders of the line whether you like it or not. There will be plenty of attack from management, the union is the defense. If this doesn't apply to the 2% then will it apply to you in an unforeseen situation? Why do you pay dues? If you want out of the union just remove yourself from dues check off and let your good standing expire. Then trade in the uniform for a suit.

I pay more in union dues than any teamster truck driver or UAW factory worker, I better get at least the same level of advocacy if not the proportional amount more. This is why people say ALPA is not a union.