View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 06:57 PM
BlackKnight
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013

Originally Posted by DLax85 View Post
I think going "big to small", and then following things up with "attention to detail" are typically excellent approaches in flying ...and critically examining certain issues

However, ultimately we need to back up and refocus on the "big picture", so we don't get ourselves too "heads down in the box"

One of my biggest concerns with the TA is that if the $260K A fund cap is a line in the sand, which will never be increased again because of new government imposed accrual accounting methods, are the two 1% raises in our B fund, over a 4 year time period a sufficient replacement going forward?

I think not.

We go from 7% to 9%

Some quick, back-of-the-napkin math tells me the slope here should be closer to 1% per year in the B fund bump, which would put us all at 13% B fund by the end of this six year contract

We'd still have the A fund as written [YOS (25 max) x 2% x 5 yr FAE w/$260K cap]--- slowly decaying on the vine due to the $260K Cap, but the B fund would be sloping up more quickly.

I asked this EXACT question at one of the Q&A meetings recently: does the 1% bumps(s) make up for the value I'm losing due to no change in the A plan value. Did they run an analysis for any seat, and carry it out 6 years (I know, more like 8 to 10) and compare rough numbers and/or value(s). They answered yes. I'm skeptical, but I have yet to run my rough numbers. I'll let you know when I do.