View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 03:28 AM
MEMFO4Ever
Bourgeoisie

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 787 SO

Originally Posted by meatloaf View Post
Legit question. Prior to 4a2b BLG's of 68/85 were the norm, per the CBA. But I've only been here 19 yrs. Are we buying that inflated BLG's due to understaffing will stay that way for the next 8 yrs?
This.

Any computation that is dependent on an annual credit-hour basis should be based on the memorialized minimum of 884 per year (68x8 + 85x4) or a mean of 73.66666666666667 (For Tony) per month. I would never design a budget based on anything beyond the minimum expected, especially having worked here long enough to know that the minimum (and lower) can and does occur. At DOS, this is a potential overstatement of $23,575.84 ($203,240 - $179,664.16) in annual earnings for a 15+ year WB FO.

IMO, no calculation that involves an annualized credit-hour basis should ever include extras like the various international pay provisions or inflated hours that most of us will likely never gain anyway, particularly over the long run. This is especially important when attempting to forecast pension, DC, or 401K outcomes. My numbers are significantly below prior CBA estimates sold at roadshows (apparently not a member of the Chimenti 'gold standard' club).

It is kind of like test driving a fully loaded car on the dealer lot when you know you will only be buying and driving the base model. Simply; buyer beware. YMMV.