View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 04:57 AM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by Rock View Post

So every time our BLG is above the minimum you classify that as flying extra? When was the last time BLGs were at minimums?

I am simply pointing out the difference between what we are GUARANTEED through Minimum BLGs and what is EXPECTED to meet the SLB calculations. The Min BLGs were significant both before and during our trip through §4.A.2.b., as many lines were "bought up" to those values prior, and built to less during. The Min BLGs could easily become significant again.

Originally Posted by Rock View Post

I guess we have all been flying a whole lot of extra this last year. 17CH per week is just short of three days of flying. Your expectation is we should fly an average of three days on each week and have four off? And if we don't we're flying "extra"? Work an average of 12 days each month and have 19 off, or we are "working extra". I want to be on the airplane you are on. I was working more than that under 4a2b.

It's nice that you did not suffer during §4.A.2.b. Many of us did.

Both prior to and during §4.A.2.b., the MEC wrestled with ways to mitigate the effects and "share the pain" of going below the contractual Minimum Bid Line Guarantees. One of the important questions we had to grapple with was, "What about the guy close to retirement trying to build a good 'High 5' year? Should he be forever penalized in retirement with a lowered income because he was not able to work extra while the rest of us were suffering from lower BLGs?" Going forward with this TA, the question would be, "What about the guy working on his SLB years? Should he be denied the ability to work extra so he can take full advantage of the bribe to work 'One more peak'?"