View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 09:26 AM
chrisreedrules
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: CRJ FO

Originally Posted by 1stCivDivPilot View Post
They are working on it but LOA 6 potentially screws over every line holding FO with getting locked into LCR 6 days out even though the contract says you can trade in open time up to 48 hours out. I know there is no protection in the current contract but practice has been that they stick with 48ish hours notice on displacements. I know the LOA was an assist for LCA but why not fix the ambiguity for FO displacement windows too? The current contract has a conflict of clauses in chapter 25 that no one even tried to fix. Again, I realize that wasn't the goal of LOA 6 but the whole picture should have been looked at.

If they are going to displace us 6 days out, but allow us to trade, will we be pay protected?

Are they just going to drop the trip from our schedule when an IOE student is assigned and the LCA is locked into the trip? Will we lose our pay protection and have to pick up low time, short overnight garbage on open time?

Are they going to continue to interpret the "or" in the displacement language as an "and?"
Explains my point exactly. The grey area in contract language is not there for us to interpret, it is for the company to interpret and ultimately abuse.