View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 05:46 AM
DLax85
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Gear Monkey

Originally Posted by Rock View Post
When you can definitively tell me what the rate of inflation will be in the next 6 years, we can have a "genuine" discussion regarding the value of our A plan pension over the terms of this TA. Until then, your guess is as good as mine. Since we opened Section 6 negotiations in 2013, the average rate of inflation has been about 1%. Since we signed our last TA, CPI has barely budged. If that trend continues, how valid is your 5-6% B plan bump requirement for the total retirement ratio?
In a world of infinite possibilities & opinions, you'd like me to provide a definitive number

You must have been a dual major in Philosophy & Discrete Math

What inflation rate is the Association using to convince you that our 3% pay raises are sufficient?

Why is the pay raise bumped up 4% that one year?

More specifically, if you were to poll the 4,200 pilots who currently work for Fedex and ask their guess on the inflation rate, how many do you think would answer "1% or less"?

How does Fedex get their customers to accept annual price increases of 4-5% in this world of 1% inflation?

Come on bruddah, you've got to be genuine and admit this section is currently concessionary, via stagnated real benefits, over the long run

Last edited by DLax85; 10-12-2015 at 05:59 AM.