View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 07:21 AM
Super27
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: The Dark Side

Originally Posted by mojo6911 View Post
Crap schedules? 12/3 is good? Every regional in the country offers a better schedule.
I guess what I was referring to was the schedule when you're actually out on a trip. Regional airlines design pairings to keep you flying as much as possible. 4-6 legs and long duty days are the rule, not the exception.

Crap food? Per diem at most regionals is on par with $15/meal at EAS.
Your math is off. At the regionals you're going to average between $28-35 per day in per diem. Since you won't have a car you're also going to have to spend that money on airport and hotel food (i.e. expensive). We get $60 per day at EAS (15 B/15 L/30 D). I can easily drive to the Outback Steakhouse and have a decent dinner, all on the company dime.

Crap hotels? Pretty much the same. I've stayed at various levels of hotels and motels throughout the country. Embassy Suites is pretty much the same as most La Quintas countrywide.
Dude, there is no comparison. I've done both, and there is NO comparison on hotels. At EAS I routinely stay at full service Marriotts and Hiltons - something I never did at a regional. I've also stayed in full size suites on the Vegas strip and full service Hilton beach resorts. Yeah we end up in a Holiday Inn every once in awhile, but that is definitely the exception.

OK, here's the point to this rant...EAS is NOT a perfect place to work. Anybody who has flown with me or gone out for a beer with me knows I have very strong opinions on certain things that need to be improved. But making inaccurate comparisons to the regionals isn't helping the discussion, or helping other guys who are considering where they want to go. Quality of life should NEVER be the reason to go to a regional airline.