Old 10-12-2015, 04:02 PM
MaxKts
Part Time Employee

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Dispersing Green House Gasses on a Global Basis

Originally Posted by CloudSailor View Post
I just realized a new CRS tactic. I suspect it is completely intentional.

I saw it a few days ago, about 8 trips, all C/O into NOV, dropped into OT. All those trips would've fit the week on/week off pattern during the OCT bidpack, but they must have been held back. It hurt, because my hometown was in one of those C/O trips.

Well, guess what happens now that guys picked almost all of those up at straight time? They are NOT protected for min days off in NOV! Am I being a little paranoid? I don't think so because NOV shows several lines with the missing C/O trip that would correspond to it. In fact, I've never seen such few C/O lines. I am willing to bet $1 with anyone interested, that we will see C/O trips from NOV into DEC drop into OT sometime during the first 10 days of NOV. Guys will pick them up, flown at straight time, just like regular C/O, but min days off will NOT be protected. This is the case for MEM 757FO+CA seats. Keep an eye out for your particular seat.

....or, does this happen every Peak and I just didn't notice while in EUR?
Can't say why all the c/o dropped into open time for Oct bid month but Nov bid month ends with Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe no available d/h's on Sun afternoon/evening out of MEM so start trips on Mon of Dec bid month with the early am d/h. That would kill most of the c/o trips.