Thread: Trans States

GotBanned , 10-12-2015 06:13 PM
Line Holder
GotBanned
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2015
Quote: Where do you get the 7 pilots per AC as the norm? It's industry norm to have 10 pilots per plane AT LEAST, if you want a stable operation. With new planes coming, that number will go down from 7, that's a level where you have no reserves and can barely cover scheduled flights if everything goes fine. We have been at 500 pilots for like a year now. They even sent out the memos that they won't have enough people NOV and DEC. Hopefully they can find them. Don't know why they'd come here but... I don't know where your optimism comes from. Maybe you know something we don't.
This is why I don't post here.

If you would have read my post I got the 7/plane from what we are doing right now currently. Obviously it's not by choice, but that's where we are.

It's math. Will it be tight. Yes..but if you hire what I said based on where we are staffing right now. We will be fine.

Minimally staffed, but we won't be handing back airplanes and people won't be covering our stuff. United and American won't be suing us.

I realize the sky has to always be falling, but if Mesa can fill classes, explain to me how we can't. You cannot honestly look someone in the face and tell them that Mesa is a better stop than here. It's BS.

They also didn't say that we wouldn't have pilots, just that staffing was tight. Reading comprehension is a powerful thing. Just because someone says staffing will be tight during such and such a period, doesn't mean we don't have enough crews.

Math is also a powerful tool. I realize 10/plane is optimally staffed. The reality is you can run on less than that, and this place has done it for years. A couple years ago we were cancelling flights the night prior for crews. This airline has doubled in less than 12 months and we still aren't doing that.

So once again, do the math. To be minimally staffed they really don't have a long long ways to go. Especially if the class sizes have increased.