Thread: RAH TA Poll
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 08:47 AM
FEtoFO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
That makes a lot of sense. You are voting in an inflationary paycut from 2007 wages of roughly 4 dollars per hour as a CA. That 4 dollars an hour pays for your signing bonus in 3-5 years. You're paying your own bonus.

More importantly with unlimited payments to pipeline and other candidates you are ensuring there will NEVER be leverage again. The company didn't negotiate up to this point. Do you think if they have a constant supply of new hires they'll ever negotiate again? And you're willing to give away leverage for all future Republic pilots so you can pay for your own bonus?

You're throwing the military pilots at Republic under the bus. But I guess you'll still get your 'merica pants on every year during Veteran's Day.

Vacation was bad so we raised the credit value of a week of vacation and slightly raised the accrual (most people lose a week of vacation) then we reduced the value of MIL days so those guys get reserve. We identified a problem [vacation causes RSV because the credit value is so low] and fixed it by [raise credit value of vacation, and reduce credit value of MIL leave]. Hmm this seems like a great deal, I'm glad we didn't concede anything. Wait, we conceded a week of vacation, loss of vacation if you call in sick, and threw the military guys under the bus.
This sounds like an issue for dept of labor. Military leave is not negotiable, and I would not trust the Teamsters with any litigation. I think some at republic still think they're at a legacy, and they are not.