View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 09:30 AM
hypnotika
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Nothing wrong with SBBC... its a new program and unproven. I am from that neck of the woods. Appears to be a private institution; I would double check how your GI Bill is being applied. I may have old information but the only public college with an fixed-wing aviation program is Orange Coast Community College (not a great program) last time I looked for an aviation program in CA; which was non-existent. Well, good luck and hope you don't get burnt out as a CFI in a couple months then decide on a career change. It seems like you are already vested in getting an aviation associates. Unsure what an associates can do for you since you have a bachelors (unless you want to qualify for a Restricted ATP). Lets play devils advocate for a moment and say you go to ASU/ATP or something similar... proven structure with a huge fleet, then only concentrate on getting your certs and taking aviation class while saying you're pursuing a degree. Nothing wrong with changing your mind and opting out of get a degree (since you already have one). You may even finish in far less time or same as 70 weeks.

As far as SkyWest pathway... I would argue there are far better jobs out there than working close to minimum wage with a crappy schedule at a Regional and sucking life because Quality of Living is low. Encourage you checked out SurfAir, BeaconAir (Dynamic), Boutique Air, Air Ambulance, Fractional 91K, Cirrus 135/91, or even CapeAir..... but hey its your decision Sir

Last edited by hypnotika; 10-14-2015 at 09:46 AM.