View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 11:26 AM
Daniel Larusso
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006

It's not necessarily our governance structure that makes a recall hard, but our domicile structure and in all honesty our general level of union knowledge/engagement across the crew force. Most don't live in Memphis where the majority of the blocks are and many don't pay much attention to anything further than the tips of their noses. So getting the info out about a recall and getting the required votes to move it from an agenda item to an actual recall is tough. This is before you add in the general industry fact that all reps are politicians. I know that word has a negative connotation these days, but that is not what I'm getting at here. I'm not questioning their motives in general, I'm saying that unlike many who oppose them they know the rules of the system and how to use them. They know how to make deals and in general see angry, hamfisted recall attempts miles away. Especially in the Internet age where us genius pilots continue to love proving how loud and smart we can be in electronic form. One things for sure, no matter what the vote is we are definitely in silly season.