View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 10:20 PM
SUX4U
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: B756 FO

Originally Posted by SVTCobra View Post
The flying itself is easy. The places we go to are ones we have been to many times before,unless there is a trip thrown in to a place where no one has been before. Then it can get a little demanding.. We do have some very long days, especially when double crewing.

For the most part the guys are great to fly with. There is always that 1-2% you can't stand to be with, but that's anywhere you work. If you get paired up with a crew that constantly complains about the company or the union or whatever, then it can a very long 17 days. I try not to get too wrapped around the axle about anything anymore. I just go to work and try to make the best of it and go home. .

Does the company do the stupid things mention in these posts, yes they do. Do we deserve a better CBA, yes we do. Some may agree or disagree about what I said, but it is what you make it. If you don't like it then leave.This company and job is not for everyone.

Just my two cents.
Seems like a very reasonable breakdown of what life is like over there. I take it that life can be good if you you have a level head and know how to pick and chose your battles. Would you say most guys are content for the most part to stay and see how things go or are guys trying to move on to something different?